Saturday, June 2, 2012

New recipe 22 & 23

Have I ever mentioned how much I love to cook. Granted I have more fun cooking for 10+ than I do for my family of 5 but I do love to cook. I especially love trying new things. But my absolute favorite is baking cakes, pies & cookies. So this post contains a dinner and a dessert so enjoy.

First up is Chicken and Wild Rice casserole. Now the recipe calls for pre done rice but I used a box of regular of Uncle Ben's and cooked it ahead of time. It was very cheesy and I base all good recipes on whether or not the twins eat it happily and they did. Not using the pre made rice does make this recipe a little more time consuming but it's worth it in the end.

Now time for dessert. My favorite part of any meal. For Memorial Day after we had put away lots of burgers and dogs, plus baked beans and potato salad we sampled what could only be described as the diet killer of all desserts. You have a chocolaty brownie with Reese's cups mixed in layered with a rich cheesecake like topping, smothered in more Reese's cups. What's not to love?



That's it for the most recent recipes. I think I'll definitely top out the 38 new recipes for my challenge. Now if only I could do so well on the projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment